Shelved by: teamdex on 2013-04-20
Comment on This Post:
This is actually pretty common. I think its just called a bucket trap and has water in it. Or some people are a little messed up and decide to use antifreeze.
Actually... would you rather they be poisoned and quickly die, or swim themselves into exhaustion and drown?
released to another continent with free cheese :(
mice actually dont like cheese that much
the smell is too strong for their noses so youd be trapping him and then releasing him into hell
whatever Mr Squeaks wants
Antifreeze toxicity isn't a quick death. Vomiting occurs soon after ingestion, but all other symptoms appear gradually over the course of the next few hours. The animal experiences disorientation, weakness, and further vomiting. Seizures eventually set in, which become more frequent and violent over time. This causes extreme pain, which eventually leads to unconsciousness and death.
Antifreeze takes ages to kill an animal. It's incredibly traumatic.
I did not know this. Thank you for enlightening me.
I just put diluted Hydrochloric acid acid in the bottom of the bucket. About 4 inches of it. Its diluted too a point so it wont eat through the bucket but if anything organic slips in it dies soon after.
I'm genuinely curious...would hydrochloric acid eat through a tin or aluminum bucket?
Depends on how much you dilute it.
GO WATCH BREAKING BAD THEY WILL EXPLAINS SAFE PLASTIC TO USE WITH HYDROCHLORIC ACID
Well I get that it eats plastic, but I specifically meant metal stuff. I'm all caught up on Breaking Bad :)
I know people that use traps like this, but there's no water or anything in it. The mice fall in and can't climb out, then the people drive a few miles away and dump them on the side of the road. Home made live trap.
It's like a soup that makes it's self! Just turn on the pan, throw in a bay leaf and some thyme... Voilà!
You should never cook for anybody.
Straight into the stew, mmmm.